A Nintendo switch and a gaming monitor go well together.
Usually, people want to connect their monitor with the Nintendo Switch console to enjoy playing games on the big screen.
However, there can be instances when your monitor is not working, or you may be traveling or wanting to chill out at the end of the day by playing a few games before you go to bed.
There can be many reasons if you would like to know how to use a monitor for the Nintendo Switch, then you should first know that you have to connect your monitor with the Nintendo console.
The steps for this are relatively easy to follow, even for someone with excellent technical knowledge.
So, without any further ado, let’s see in detail how to connect Nintendo Switch to monitor your Nintendo Switch console.
What Is The Nintendo Switch?
When we talk about the Nintendo Switch, the hint is the same. It’s about switching things- up-going from handheld to tabletop to something where you can hook up to your monitor.
It is a hybrid console at home with kids playing in the car, like the serious gamer on the couch.
However, we are getting ahead of ourselves with the help of technology. This article will discover every detail you need to know about the Nintendo switch.
The Nintendo Switch was first set in motion in the year 2017. And, although it is not as decisive as the consoles from Xbox or PlayStation, the Nintendo Switch has a lot of bullying.
Because it’s a Nintendo console, it will give you access to Nintendo greats games. Thus, if you are a Mario lover and a pokemon superman, you will get all the games you love and have fun.
Then, there is a fact about choosing and playing depending upon your interest.
So, if you want to use the switch at your place, plug in the switch at the dock and connect the port to the monitor. And if you’re going to go out and use the Nintendo switch as the mobile gaming console, unplug it from the dock.
And if you are in the middle of a game, you can change its output from the monitor to the console screen and vice-versa so you can carry your game from exactly where you left off.
What Is There With The Nintendo Switch?
Inside the Nintendo switch box, you will get a 6.2 inches tablet, two joy-con controllers, a joy-con group, a monitor dock, an HDMI cable, and a charger.
And there is tons of a thing you can do with the switch joy-con controllers like –
- You can hand it to a friend for two-player console gaming.
- You can strap them to your wrists and hold one in each of your hands to play a game on your own.
- Slot the joy-con into the joy-con grip and turn it into a standard gamepad.
- When you want to play on mobile, attach each one to the sides of your tablet.
How Much Worth Is The Nintendo Switch?
You can check the price of the Nintendo Switch by checking out the product page on the e-commerce site.
But, what is the worth of the console without the games to go with it?
So, you can look out for special Nintendo Switch bundles to save money by buying a game and console together rather than forking out for them separately.
How To Connect Nintendo Switch To Monitor?
There are various ways to connect the Nintendo Switch to your computer. If you want to know how to do it, keep reading.
This article will explain to you what you need to do if you want to play games on Nintendo Switch and use the controller with your monitor.
To use your Nintendo switch on any monitor or computer first, you must dock it and start a unique setup process.
Here’s what you have to do –
- If there is a Nintendo switch cable connected to your monitor, first unplug it.
- Connect the HDMI cable with the Elgato HDMI capture card.
- You will have to open the game capture HD app on your monitor.
- After this, turn on the Nintendo Switch and click home on one of the controllers.
- Connect your monitor with an Elgato device. After connecting the monitor with the device, you will see the Nintendo switch on the home screen on the screen of your monitor
These steps will be in the same order as any capture card device available in the market because they all work on the same principle.
How To Use The Switch Controller With A Monitor?
The switch controllers work with the monitor only through Bluetooth connectivity. You can perform the same by following the below-given steps –
- Turn on your monitor or computer.
- Press start > setting > device.
- Then select Bluetooth to on. It will be present at the top of the device screen.
- Now, disconnect the controller from the Nintendo switch.
- Tightly hold the sync button on the controller until it begins flashing.
- Press on add Bluetooth or another device option.
- Tap on the pair and the done tab when you see joy-con(R) and joy-con (L) options.
- After this, when you see the controller option on your device list, you will have to pair them with your monitor.
- Once they are connected, the monitor will register them as separate controllers.
You might want to use them as one controller. For this, you have synchronized them to work as one device.
This can be a troublesome process for you as it involves using other programs, and this while the complete task will take a tremendous amount of time.
However, if you still want to use them together. One easy way will be to use a better joy software that you can download to use joy-cons as one.
Moreover, the ideal solution is to buy a device such as Elgato HD60 capture that will work as a dock that connects your laptop to the Nintendo Switch, allowing you to play games without any lab and connectivity troubles.
Connecting A Nintendo Switch
One of the top-selling points of Nintendo Switches is their ability to transform into a home gaming console from a portable device.
It will be more helpful if you know all the third-party accessories to enjoy all the games on a big screen.
How To Charge A Nintendo Switch?
The Nintendo Switch can be charged in several ways-
1. With the help of a USB- C charger plugged into the console, its adapter end is plugged into a power socket at your place.
2. Second, any time you are playing in dock mode.
But, what will be the case in Joy-cons?
In the first point above, the joy-cons will be charging too. But, in the second case, they will be detached from the tablet to use the battery.
Therefore, to charge the joy-cons, one of the two methods can be followed-
1. First, make sure they are connected to the tablet, and the tablet is plugged in the USB-C charger.
2. Use the charging station for the Nintendo switch. This will allow you to charge four joy-cons at a single time.
How Powerful Is The Nintendo?
The Nintendo Switch is amazingly powerful as a portable machine, leveling up three to four times the muttering of the PS3 and Xbox 360.
After being docked, its GPU speed boosts up to 768MHz, just a little below 800 MHz of the base PS4. It uses 4GB of RAM, half of the PS4 and PS4 pro. And it shows a 1080p image in docked mode and rises to 720p in the tablet/ portable manner.
Because of this small factor, you will get 32GB of in-built flash storage. However, you can get a separate microSD card if you need more space. One point to note is, the switch doesn’t have any port to attach an ethernet cable, so you will need access to Wi-Fi to get internet connectivity.
Plus, the Nintendo Switch is region-free. So games can be brought from anywhere in the world and can be played on the Switch console obtained from anywhere in the world.
Thus, if you buy “A Legend Of Zelda” game in America and want to play it on a Nintendo Switch brought in India, it will work properly. But, this is not the scenario with the PS4 and many other consoles.
You might be thinking if you can use your laptop as a monitor for your switch console without using a capture card.
How about we say it is possible!
However, as previously mentioned, the only way to do this is to have an HDMI which is quite rare. So, the only way to properly connect the Nintendo Switch to the laptop is for many of us by using a capture card.
Some Good Nintendo Switch Games That You Can Play
The Nintendo switch already contains Nintendo’s best games and some third-party titles initially present in the PS4/Xbox One and PS3.Xbox 360.
Here are some games that should be on every Nintendo Switch games list –
1. Legend of Zelda- Breath of the Wild– is a smash-hit type game that debuted along with the Nintendo switch.
The scale level is incredible, and you will have to travel huge distances, and you will collect weapons and armor to fight monsters, solve various puzzles and complete some side quests.
2. Super Mario Odyssey- the game story follows Mario as he travels to many kingdoms on his airship odyssey to stop his browser from forcibly marrying the princess Peach. Each domain will have different objectives for Mario to complete to travel in new worlds and track down the beastly bowser.
3. Celeste- Celeste is a fun platform of the game; it rewards seasonal players and newbies. It is an addictive challenge and an exciting meditation on mental health and emotional wellbeing.
4. Mario kart 8 Deluxe- Mario Kart is on Nintendo Switch, and it is like a match made in heaven! This deluxe version of Mario kart 8 introduces some bigger tracks, 42 Nintendo-themed characters, and incredible vehicles that can run across walls and ceilings and even fly. It’s a must-purchase for all switch owners.
5. Dark Souls Remastered- Dark Souls is now on Nintendo Switch. It was released in 2018 and is a long-awaited remastered edition of sparkles on the screen. If you are new to this kind of game, you can look forward to a hundred-plus hour of content. And if you are an ancient fan, you can also look forward to getting a kick out of playing this on the tube.
Now that you have all the A-Z information about Nintendo Switch connect your switch console to your monitor.
Since you know everything about connecting your Nintendo Switch to your monitor or using its controllers to apply games on other devices, you are going to love it even more.
But, don’t forget to read the user manual carefully for all the instructions before proceeding. It’s always good to stay up-to-date with technological devices. Good luck!
Stay connected with trustedmonitors.com