Sony PlayStation 4 is one of the most in the gaming world.
However, earlier you could only play it on the TV. But now, Sony has made it accessible to all the compatible devices.
But many people still don’t know how to connect their PS4 to Monitor?
You can play this unbeatable game on your phone, laptops, and computers as well. In this article, we will provide you with the complete guide to connect your PS4 to your PC Monitor.
How To Connect PS4 To Monitor?
There are several ways to connect your gaming console (PlayStation 4) to your Monitor.
With just a few steps, you can connect both of your devices. These quick and easy methods have been listed below.
1. Using HDMI Cable
The easiest method to connect your PlayStation 4 to your PC Monitor is via HDMI cable.
Here are the following steps to connect your monitor to PS4.
- Switch off both PS4 and Monitor.
- Connect one end of the HDMI cable to the HDMI port of PS4 and the other end to the HDMI port of your monitor. Ensure that the devices are connected properly.
- Now switch on your PS4 and Monitor.
- After the monitor is connected to your PS4, finish all the settings. Enjoy the game.
However, you must ensure that you use a higher-quality HDM cable to achieve maximum refresh rates while playing games.
HDMI can carry both audio and visuals. However, most computers do not have a built-in speaker. Hence, you would require a soundbar to be connected as an external audio source. You can also connect your headphones. However, using headphones is a little inconvenient.
2. Using DVI To HDMI Cable
If you do now want to connect the devices using an HDMI cable or your computer does not have an HDMI port, you can also connect your Monitor to PS4 using a DVI to HDMI cable.
DVI cables are mostly found in older or cheaper PCs. However, you would require a DVI-HDMI adapter in this method.
Here are the steps are given to connect the devices using this way.
- Connect one end of the HDMI cable to your PS4. Connect the other end of the DVI cable to your monitor. In the case of HDMI to DVI cable, connect the other end of the DVI port to the monitor connector.
- Switch on both devices: PS4 and Monitor and finish all the settings of your PlayStation 4. Now you can enjoy the game.
The DVI-HDMI adapter can only portray display if your monitor does not have a built-in speaker.
You would require an outputting sound device such as a sound system or headphones to get the audio display as well.
3. Using Composite Cable
If you do not want to spend money on buying a sound system as in the case of DVI To HDMI cable, you can connect both devices using a composite converter.
To connect your PS4 to the monitor, you require an HDMI cable, a composite cable, and an HDMI to composite converter.
This is quite a tricky process. However, it has been described below in simplified steps.
- Connect one end of the HDMI cable to your PlayStation 4.
- Connect the other end of the HDMI cable to an HDMI to composite converter.
- Connect one end of the composite cable to the Composite converter while the other end to your monitor.
- Now switch on both the devices and finish the settings of your PlayStation 4. Now you’re ready to enjoy the game.
3. Using VGA Cable
Some PCs have a VGA port in place of an HDMI port.
So, if you want to connect your monitor to your PS4, you would need a VGA cable. In most PCs, the VGA interface is pre-installed.
The procedure of connecting the devices using VGA is as same as using an HDMI cable. The steps to connect the devices have been listed below.
- Connect one end of the VGA cable to your PC Monitor.
- Connect the other end of the VGA cable to an adapter.
- You can connect using an HDMI switch if the VGA cable could not be connected directly to the adapter.
- Now, connect one end of the HDMI cable to your gaming console and the other end of it to the HDMI-VGA adapter or HDMI switch.
- Ensure that all the connections are made properly. Switch on both devices. After finishing all the desired settings, you are ready to enjoy the game on your monitor.
Generally, in this case, you would need to connect an external audio source.
Hence, you could connect the sound system along with it via an adapter.
PS4 Remote Play
Sony’s most awaited Remote Play feature lets you access PlayStation on your phone as well as PC.
However, there are some system requirements for Windows before you can use this feature. These requirements are listed below.
- Minimum 2GB RAM along with minimum 100MB storage.
- There should be a USB Port and a Sound Card
- You should have a Windows 8.1 or Windows 10
- The processor should be Intel Core i5 or higher
How To Download And Set Up PS4 Remote Play On Windows
- You can download the Remote Play from the official website of Sony.
- Select on option, download for Windows PC and install the software by running the installation file on your computer.
- After the installation, click on Remote Play Connection Settings and enable the Remote Play checkbox on the PS4 console.
- Create your new account or log in using credentials.
- Set PS4 console as primary in the Account Management tab> Settings. Check the “Allow remote playback” option on the connection menu. Then click on Activate.
You must also ensure that you have a high-speed Internet connection.
Setting up a display on your PS4 is an easy task. Here we have explained it in a few easy steps.
- Go to “Configure video output” under the “Screen and Sound” tab.
- Select the desired resolution and frame rate under the “adjust the RGB range” option
- Adjust the Deep color setting to full.
- Now select “Automatic”.
By using these steps you can easily set up the PS4 remote play on your Windows PC and enjoy the PS4 Games.